If you are looking for quick and fast veggies recipe, lentil soup is the best recipe for you. It is easy to prepare in your busy schedule. And also it is nutritious and full of proteins. Keep your family happy and healthy by enjoying this delicious soup. Here are simple and easy steps to prepare this recipe at home along with the required ingredients list.
Tips to Make Lentil Soup Recipe
Preparation Timing: 15 minutes
Cooking Timing: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Shredded onion, 1
Olive oil, ¼ Cup
Chopped Carrots, 2
Stalks celery, shredded, 2
Cloves garlic, crushed, 2
Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Bay leaf, 1
Dried basil – 1 tsp
Powdered Tomatoes, 1 can
Dry lentils – 2 cups
Water, 8 Cups
Fresh spinach, rinsed and shredded
Vinegar, 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper (for flavor)
Preparation & Method
1. Put oil in a large soup bowl and heat it over medium heat.
2. Now, add chopped onions, carrots and stalks celery in hot oil.
3. Cook all these vegetables and stir until you get tender onion and other vegetables.
4. Now, mix in garlic, oregano, bay leaf and basil and heat for at least 2 minutes.
5. Add lentils, water and tomatoes. Stir the mixture and bring it to a boil.
6. After boiling, reduce heat and cook the mixture on low heat for an hour.
7. Give an addition of fresh spinach when the soup is ready to serve and cook until spinach wilt.
8. Put in vinegar, salt and pepper for delicious flavor. You can put in more vinegar according to your taste and desires.
9. Hot and nutritious lentil soup is ready to serve. Enjoy!